Sunday, October 24, 2010

the Ancient Blean Woods

On Saturday, we went hiking in the Blean woods which are right by our university. The county we're living in, Kent, is know as the Garden of England so we decided to take an advantage of it.
The whole fall colour things hasn't set in here yet but there were chesnuts littering the ground. They look like bright green baby hedgehogs. That's the other thing. Kevin and I are determined to see a hedgehog and a badger before we leave.
We were hiking around the forest and then we hit the end and entered an English farm, I guess that's the garden of England part. It looked exactly like English countryside. I still can't get over it. The time has flown so fast, I can't believe I'm halfway through my time here. I am excited to see family and friends again but I know I will miss England and everyone here A LOT.
We headed back and started to work on our papers. I have two. One on Greek coins for Greek Art and then another on Chthonic gods (Underworld gods) for ancient Greek religion. We worked for a few hours and then we both had enough of the library. I decided to make japchae for dinner. It's a Korean noodle dish using cellophane noodles made from yam starch. They different than the Chinese ones in that those are based from mung bean and they are more fragile than their Korean counterparts. 
Sorry, I didn't blog this on Salt & Spatula, I will someday. It's pretty simple, cut, prep, all your veggies and meat. Soak and cook the noodles and mix them with sesame oil, soy sauce, and sugar.
Since we didn't leave the country this week, we get to go to church! I am so excited! I wish I could freeze time so I can travel to other countries and then be back for church on Sunday.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails