Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tuesday Night is the new Friday Night, apparently.

So it's Tuesday night and since 96.8% of people have no lectures tomorrow they act like its Friday night. It doesn't bother me really, honestly. Right now I am hanging out with Nick, Shelty and Kevin via tok box. PTL for technology. 

I love it here so much. Though the one really annoying thing is that every Wednesday morning at any time between 7:30-9:30, they test the buildings fire alarms. Once a term, I understand. But every week? Last Wednesday, it went off 3 times before they stopped it. Oh well.

Last week I had my first week of classes...though I still feel like I'm in summer. This is the BIG boondoggle my mom has been talking about since I told her. I am only taking 2 classes and I'll get 24 UC units back. So one would think that I would have to camp in the library the whole time. Well, it turns out that I only have 6 hours of class a week. Two hours Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. It's kinda amazing, I have to admit. I am taking Greek Art and Architecture and gods, Myths, and Heroes:Religion in Ancient Greece with 20 people in each. They both are so interesting and it's a nice change from the normal 300+ science classes that I'm used to. I hope to do some of my reading on this huge grassy hill overlooking the city and cathedral.

Despite all of that scholastic greatness, this week I am pretty swamped with a 20 minute presentation on the sanctuary and temple of Poseidon in Sounion that I am giving this Friday. That's the main reason for the lack of blogging. 

It's been great here. Kevin and I are starting to get really connected with friends here as well as the Christian Union and City Church. God is good, really really good. I can't wait to see what He has in store for the next few months. 


We were in the city the other day and I had the best fish & chips that I've ever had. Perfectly battered and golden brown and delicious (as Alton Brown would say GBD). The cod was tender and moist. A splash of malt vinegar and a sprinkle of salt was all that my soon-to-be-clogged arteries needed. 



This weekend, we are going to Barcelona. We are meeting up with our friend, Janice, who is studying abroad in Cordoba, Spain. I am so excited and can't wait to go tapas bar hopping. 


Alright, off to bed. Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh the fish and chips look amazing.

    and you're going to barcelona. green. green with envy. i am green with envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i read your classes, turned BRIGHT GREEN, and skipped the rest of the blog. i need to recover. i'm a liiiiittle bit jealous about your life right now. could you stop by indiana on one of your weekends?

    i'm sorry for my unresponsiveness to your intentional... ness. you're such a good friend. thank you thank you thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl you can't believe you are going to barcelona. i'm so excited for you spencer! I miss you so much baby shamar

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg look at that telltale oil all over the paper mmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails