Friday, October 29, 2010

We found the oldest school in the world.

So Kevin and I were exploring the town the other day. We found this great used book store. It's a small store but it has some great treasures. I found books that date from the 1800's; that's crazy. I got a English bird book from the 1920's. 
Side note: The Dharma initiative here on campus. Sorry, if you don't understand, it's a reference from the show, LOST.
We were walking around the city trying to find St. Augustine's abbey. We thought we found it until we saw a sign that said the King's school. The King's School is the oldest school still running to this day. It was founded by St. Augustine himself in 597. 
Because it is a school, we weren't allowed to go in but we took pictures from the outside. It looks like Hogwarts castle. By the way, there really are headmasters and headmistresses. We have a master of our college here at Kent Uni.I feel like I'm living in Harry Potter's world.
We had our church's small group last night. We talked about Mark 2 and the healing of the paralytic. It was was a great time of praying together and worshiping our God together as a family in Christ. I am so thankful that God has provided me a church and friends that fully follow after Him. It was one of the things I was worried about. God knows and has a plan, I don't know why I was worried. 

This weekend, Kevin and I are going to Paris for his 21st Birthday! We are going to meet up with Janice and our other friend, Angela, who is also studying abroad in Spain. Bread, cheese, steak frites, macarons, pastries...here I come!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails