Monday, November 29, 2010

A pazookie in Shelty's Honour.

This week with Shelty has flown by. I can't believe it was only a week ago when we picked her up at the airport in London. We had such a great time in England this week from exploring Canterbury, traveling to France and seeing London in one day. It was so great to catch up with her and see how God is working in her life and in her sorority. I'm glad that she was able to meet some of our English friends as well. 
Anyways, we left this morning at around 7am to bring her back to the airport; it was still dark at that time. We walked with her luggage down to the bus station with five layers on. After taking the bus whose heater had broken, we took the tube to Heathrow. Normally, it's about 45 minutes and a direct route but once again, there was a tube strike so we had an indirect route but it still worked out well and Shelty made it to her gate with loads of time to spare. We were sad to see her go but it will only be about three weeks until Kevin and I have to make the same trek ourselves.

Then Kevin and I walked around London a little. We saw one of Jamie Oliver's butcher shops and St. Paul's Cathedral. I know they shouldn't be compared but I was excited to see both.
Then we returned on the coach back to Canterbury at 3:30...which is the same time when it starts to get dark. Oh good.  

Oh, I forgot to mention that we had the first of the season here in Canterbury. During church yesterday, the white flakes started to fall and then it started to get cold, really cold. 

We had Josh, Doug, Sarah and Jodie over for dinner. We made spaghetti and brussels sprouts with pancetta. Notice that we had to use three pots to boil the pasta because we don't have a big one. 
We also had a pizookie in Shelty's honour. I reckon we had a lot less cookie dough than before...I think Shelty left her mark before leaving the country.
It was another great day with great friends. I'm starting to value the time I have with them more and more as we start to get ready to leave the country. I am excited to see family and friends for Christmas and the holidays but I want to make the most of my time here. 

By the way, it's snowing right now. PTL.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have been having such delightful times. We've only had one mini-snow, I think. Two years ago, the ground was piled with snow by now. Ahhh well. It's 2 am and I'm attempting to find a thesis amidst a pile of 2 dozen books so I can write an annotated bibliography for it. Have I already told Kevin how much I like his hat? I love his hat. Tell him I said so. I'm sure I already said so. Oh well. I miss y'all a lot and to see your faces and experience your joy would be such a pick-me-up. Soon enough. Much peace, love, and blessin's. -Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so honored that you had pizookie in my name. i miss all those faces in that picture so much:( and I love love love the picture of the 3 of us on the tube on the way to the airport-last picture of the trip!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails